Monday, May 14, 2012

Miracles in Versaille

Hello Family!

Well, as I mentioned to mom on Saturday, I am staying in Versailles!  Soeur Turney is going home on Wednesday and Soeur Dawson is coming down to Versailles with me!  

Honestly, this last transfer has been so absolutely incredible in so many ways.  It has been such a happy transfer for me and Soeur Turney and I have seen so many miracles.  It feels like every single time we have gone out contacting or knocking doors we find someone who is amazing and so prepared to listen to us.  It doesnt always mean we get to teach them another lesson but for example we were contacting the other day and met a woman who is from Vietnam.  She told us that she is Buddhist but that she also has a very strong belief in God and in Jesus Christ.  She ended up crying on the street while she was telling us two experiences she had in her life so that she knows that God is there and that He knows and cares about her personally.  It ends up that her husband met with missionaries years ago, she wasnt interested in meeting with us again now but she recognized the Book of Mormon and accepted one when we gave her one.  We have been meeting incredible people like that almost every day this transfer, it has honestly been incredible.  

As far as people we are teaching, we have hit a gold mine in these two apartment buildings fairly close to our house.  We spent a lot of time porting both the building and are now working with four or five families we have found there.  We have seen so many miracles there.  One family we found a couple weeks ago, years ago the man met missionaries and pulled out a dusty Book of Mormon from another room.  The wife had also been contacted by missionaries years ago.  The husband came to church yesterday and ended up staying all three hours!  We will see what happens, but they are amazing.  Another woman named Marie-Claire we met in the same apartment building a few weeks ago and have been able to teach her three times.  She wouldnt take a Book of Mormon when we met her at the door, but she said she was interested in our message because we said it was about Christ.  As we have taught her the first few lessons it has been amazing to see her progress.  She started out so skeptical, and watching her beginning to take steps to find out for herself if the message we are telling her is true has been so amazing to see.  We're nervous though because she said she would come to church yesterday, and at the last minute said she couldnt because her husband wouldnt let her.  We are supposed to have a lesson with her tonight and she didnt answer when we tried to call, so we are really hoping we will be able to see her tonight!


I am really nervous for this upcoming transfer though.  The most nervous I have ever been going into a new transfer.  Because first of all, I have a feeling we are going to be lost all the time.  I still do not know my way around well at all.  In Caen I could just carry around the map but in Versailles the map book is about 20 pounds aka impossible to carry around!  And we have a lot of new people to work with, we have a lot of work right now which is so exciting but also such a big responsibility.  It's a big ward so I feel like I dont know the ward as well as I would like to, I just feel very very inadequate in almost every single way.  Soeur Turney has been so good.  I was sitting at dinner last night and she said, "how are you doing?" Me: "honestly, I am so nervous.  I dont know if I can do it."  Soeur Turney just said, "just love.  Love the people we are teaching, love Soeur Dawson and love the Lord and everything else will work out."  So Im just trying to do that.  And praying a lot.

I love you all so much, be nice to mom on Mothers Day!  
Love
Soeur Chard


No comments:

Post a Comment