Monday, July 23, 2012

Look and Live

HI Everyone!


On Friday we actually went to the Palace of Versailles gardens to do a YSA activity.  We have been trying to work more with the YSA.  So, they planned a full-day activity at the Chateau and invited the missionaries to do an hour spiritual message thing with the theme as "Come Unto Christ."  It ended up being really fun, we based it off of Moses and the brass serpent "Look and Live."  I am so impressed with so many of the young adults here, they have such strong testimonies and so many are preparing to go on missions too!

That night we went to a baptism that the assistants had that they asked Soeur Dawson and I to do a special musical number for.  We did Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing and it was such a cool experience.  The spirit was so strong and Soeur Dawson started crying partway through and had to stop singing for a really long time.  That song has had a lot of meaning to both of us the last transfer.

Soeur Poznanski pulled me aside on Saturday and said, "Soeur Chard.  You gave me the greatest gift.  Nu Skin is amazing!"  She had given us a ride home last week and asked me if Nu Skin had some good products...  I ended up giving her an ageLOC pack to try for herself.  President said she's addicted to it now and Soeur Poznanski said she went on the website and now she knows everything about the Nourish the Children Foundation and all about NuSkin products, etc. haha so funny!

I hope everyone has a fabulous week!  Mom told me about the shooting.... that makes me so sad.  It's so sad to see how dark so much of the world is today and to see how many people are affected because of it.  it makes the light of the gospel even that much more precious.  We are so blessed to have it in our lives! 

The transfer email comes out on Saturday so we will see what happens!  Good luck getting ready for the reunion, it sounds like it will be awesome!

Love,
Soeur Chard



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Chard! It's Alicen (related through the Johansen side of your family). I just wanted to say how much I love reading your blog and reminiscing about my mission years ago. My mission was so different in that it was in the states, but the feelings you're documenting are so similar. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows for sure. And that song Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing I remember being so powerful on my mission. Hearing it today I get those same emotions.

    You're doing such great work in bringing light to the world. Keep up the good work and know that you will look back in 10 years like I do and cherish these memories and see how you were refined in so many ways. (which means it's not always easy I know!) Anyways, know that you have people pulling for you...people you don't even know very well! :) Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete